Dr Randall Jonas
IDF Honorary Patron
Dr Randall Jonas is the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Business School Director.
Dr Jonas, assumed duty his duty as NMMU Business School Director on 9 January 2016. He is no stranger to the University, having previously served on the NMMU Council and NMMU Trust with distinction, and is currently President of NMMU Alumni Association.
He boasts an elaborate curriculum vitae with more than 35 years’ working experience in both public and private sectors, including many years as Chief Executive Officer of the Eastcape Training Centre (ETC) and Private FET College, where he served industry and commerce in the development of critical skills.
Dr Jonas has proven leadership and managerial skills and has led numerous public and private sector institutions. He has a commendable record of leading successful turnaround strategies in non-profit organisations and established best practices in corporate governance.
Advocate Vuyo Jack
Advocate Vuyo Jack was Born and bred in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape, South Africa on 4 July 1961. He is number five child from his family of nine children. Born by parents with no formal education and no resources to give their children education. He deed his Primary ans Secondary School in Uitenhage and High School in Cape Town. He Obtained his Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from the International Islamic University, Malaysia (IIUM) in 1997 and was admitted as an Advocate in 1998. He is presently a practicing Advocate in Johannesburg. Advocate Jack is the founder and President of Intaba Ka Vuba Development Foundation which was established on 27 January 2018, for the sole purpose of landing a hand in developing our communities especially those from the African Townships. Who still remain suffering from the the effects of apartheid. From their programs, the focus is on: Education, Sports, Arts and Culture and Township. He wants this objective realised thus successful by all means necessary.
Mr Sonwabo (Bambo) Mbityo
Mr. ‘Bambo’ Sonwabo is born and bred in Uitenhage. The community activist. Obtained Diploma in Office Administration from Damelin College, Business Management Diploma from Nelson Mandela University Business School.
As a Community Builder I joined the following institutions / organizations;
- COMMUNITY POLICING FORUM as a PRO
- VICTIM SUPPORT CENTRE @ SAPS KWANOBUHLE – Board of Directors SECRETARY
- NUMSA as Secretary of Shop stewards in Goodyear
- NCEDANANI COMMUNITY CHRECHE – CHAIRPERSON STEP AHEAD & BAPH’ UVUYO PROMOTIONS – ORGANIZER SASA JAZZ CLUB – CHAIRPERSON
- NMB JAZZ CLUBS ASSOCIATION as ENTERTAINMENT HEAD
- SA JAZZ APPRECIATERS ASSOCIATION (SAJAA) as PROVINCIAL REPRESENTATIVE
- BLAAHS SOCIAL CLUB (EASTERN CAPE) as Entertainment Head
- UITENHAGE ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATION – UACO as Secretary
- UITENHAGE/DESPATCH BUSINESS FORUM – UDBF as Secretary,
- WARD 44 BUSINESS FORUM as Secretary
- MD – EVENTS COMPANY called PRIDE EVENTS PRODUCTIONS,
- MD – BSA CONSULTING AND GENERAL SERVICES and is currently running.
He benefited from the 6 learnership we negotiated with Build It, KwaNobuhle Township branch in Uitenhage. Upon completing his learnership he is employed by Build It as a full time employee.
Anelisa Omelo is presently studying at the Nelson Mandela University doing her 1st year in Biochemistry.
IDF have supported Mthandazo in producing and promoting his Gospel DVD.